Student job as Web Developer
NewBanking is a Danish RegTech company that owns, develops and operates an identity platform for customer data management. A platform built to ensure the compliance of Anti-Money Laundering and GDPR regulations.
We offer the possibility of a student position in Graphic Design where you will be assigned to our growing Marketing team and collaborate closely with Sales.
You must have a flair for visual design, be able to display this in a portfolio, and be interested in learning UX best practices and disciplines.
As our Web Developer, you will use your design experience and technical skills to produce high quality web pages that delight and engage our users. You are familiar with web design principles, and you know how to leverage technology for maximizing results. You love learning, trying new things, being challenged, and finding the optimum balance between aesthetics, performance, and usability.
What you'll be doing
- Take the lead on a variety of projects from initial briefing to research and development, QA, and launch, while adhering to our quality standards and release schedules.
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance, development and updates of all marketing websites.
- Build and maintain a library of pre-made templates and re-usable components to facilitate design at scale and maintain consistency.
- Design, develop and deploy new landing pages, new websites or new solutions while adhering to NewBanking's brand guidelines and quality standards.
- Align with internal stakeholders and freelancers to ensure project delivery.
- Leverage web analytics, survey and heatmap data, to identify UI/UX blockers and usability issues and propose solutions.
- Monitor and audit the website performance and ensure a smooth operation of all NewBanking websites, including correct markups, metadata, slugs, links, categories, etc.
- Passion for managing websites
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, and modern CSS frameworks (Bootstrap)
- Familiar with web interfaces, UI/UX best practices, design principles, color theory and web typography.
- Experience with prototyping and design tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD).
- Experience with design publishing tools/workspaces (Zeplin) is an advantage
- Familiar with web usability and accessibility best practices.
- Basic experience with SEO.
- Disciplined and well-organized, and used to managing multiple projects at the same time, while reaching deadlines.
- Very high attention to detail.
What we offer
- A chance to learn new skills every day.
- Plenty of room for growth and initiative.
- A fast-paced, fun and collaborative startup environment.
- A great location in Central Copenhagen.
- Work from home or office: Freedom to calibrate your workplace situation.
How to apply
Please apply via this job posting and include your CV, a cover letter or portfolio, and your potential start date.
After we receive your application, we will have a small written assignment for you. After we evaluate it, we will let you know if we would like to invite you in for an interview.