What is a PEP (Politically Exposed Person)?
Learn what a Politically Exposed Person list is.
PEPs, or Politically Exposed Persons, are individuals who are involved in politics or hold high office in governments, just to mention a few examples.
If your business is subject to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations, it’s important that you can determine whether you’re involved with PEPs as they are often come with a higher risk of money laundering and financing of terrorism.
On this page we try to answer ‘what is a PEP’, and all other questions regarding the Politically Exposed Person list:
- What is a PEP (Politically Exposed Person meaning)?
- How does a PEP list work?
- What do you need to do as a business if you have a client who is a PEP?
- How the NewBanking Identity platform can help you check your clients identity and do PEP screenings.
- Fight financial crime with thorough PEP screenings
- Recent changes in PEP legislation
- Identification of PEPs