The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Directive - guide to businesses
Is your business subject to the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Directive and the subsequent laws and regulations in all EU and EEA countries? Then it’s important that you know your obligations regarding the law, and why it’s even necessary to have a European standard for anti-money laundering initiatives and regulations.
On this page we answer the most frequently asked questions about AML and the Anti-Money Laundering Directive, such as:
- Why do we need Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations?
- Which businesses are subject to the Anti-Money Laundering Directive?
- How do EU directives and national laws interact?
- The various regulatory agencies
- What happens if businesses don’t uphold the law?
- Guide to the Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- AML 5: the risk-based approach
- Risk assessment
- Business procedures
- Audits and verification
- KYC procedure
- AML 6: New requirements coming